God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.

“Whom have I in heaven but you? And earth has nothing I desire besides you. My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.” -Psalm 73:25-26- “I say to myself, ‘The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for Him.’” - Lamentations 3:24 -

Saturday, September 20, 2003

…i don’t care what anyone else says…

Puddles are meant for jumping in.

…on the phone last night...

a: hey, I need to borrow your umbrella for tomorrow, if that’s alright…you know that whole hurricane thing might be a little tough to deal with, without a rain jacket or umbrella…

m: what?????!!!??? You don’t need a stinking umbrella for that…it’s a $^#*(%#&* stupid wussy little girl hurricane! It’s not gonna hurt you!!!!

how true, how true!

So it’s been a movie-like day for me.
With no class (yet!) on Fridays…they couldn’t and can’t be any more carefree.
So I thought it’d be great to just enjoy the rain…hurricane and all…to the best of my abilities.
It was great!

I forgot how much fun it is to jump in puddles and splash water…it’s so juvenile…but hey…there’s no fear of forgetting here, right? :) at least not anytime soon :)

…having no classes…
…getting my pants soaked right through…
…walking back and fourth with soaking socks and shoes…
…living in my own crazy little world for a day…
…not needing to be anywhere on time…
…having no obligations…
…gallivanting on my own…
…whistling Singin’ in the Rain as loud as I possibly can…
…the looks on people’s faces…priceless.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home